- What ingredients do you use?
- How long do you hang the meat for?
We hang our meat for at least 7-10 days on the bone for maximum flavour and tenderness!
- Will the meat come back fresh or frozen?
Your meat is blast frozen except for your vacuum packed meat and salami which is kept chilled.
- Where do I pick my meat up from?
- Do I keep my tongue and tail?
Yes – if you want to, just mark it on the processing and packing order form.
- Do you take the offal away?
Yes absolutely. A charge of $80 applies, and if you would like to keep any organs please be at the kill site to remove them.
- How far will you travel to kill my beast?
We will travel within a 60km radius, however if you are unsure please call us and we will let you know. Charges apply for animals outside this radius – see our rates page.
- Do you have eftpos?
We have eftpos at our premises at 1043 Whananaki North Rd – otherwise you can internet bank the day prior OR it is cash upon delivery..
- Can we pay by internet banking?
Yes – payment would need to show in our account prior to delivery or pick-up however.
Account Name: Homekill Services Ltd
Account Number: 02-0492-0115372-00
Reference: Initials + Surname
- Do you do free-flow steaks?
Yes – absolutely. Just request this on the orderform when selecting your cuts. No extra charge.
- Do you have flavoured sausages?
Yes we have herb & garlic, smoky bacon and chorizo. If you would like flavoured sausages please request these in the comments box at the bottom of your order form. These are all $6.50 per kilo.
- Do you do gluten free sausages?
Yes – we have gluten/preservative free. Just request this in the comments box at the bottom of your order form. These are $8.00 per kilo.
- What are sausage meat tubes?
These are plastic sleeves of sausage meat (approx 500g) without the skins so that you can make meat patties, meat loaf or your own sausage rolls. The amount you want is deducted from the total amount of sausages (i.e. 4 sausage tubes will mean you get 18kg of sausages.)
- What happens if I don’t get my order form completed by the day of the kill?
We will cut up your beast using our discretion for meat cut selections.
- How does home kill stack up pricewise?
- How much meat will I get back?
40-60% of your hook weight is a general measure of the amount of meat you will take home from the kill.
- Do you weigh the final homekill product once it is cut up?
No we currently do not do this, however watch this space – it could be in the pipeline.
- Can you hang my beast for longer than 10 days?
This depends on space availability (i.e seasonal fluctuations) and will need to be discussed with management. If your animal is hung for longer than 10 days this will be at your own risk to the outcome of the final product.
- Can I freeze my salami?
Yes – we have been told by many of our customers that they have frozen there salami’s successfully in smaller batches.
- What happens if I am not able to pick up my meat within a week of it being ready?
Fees will apply at $20 per week (per animal)
- Can I keep my hide?
Yes you can however we need to charge for this because we usually send the hide for rendering which pays for our travel to your farm. We charge approx $70-$100 or the current price we are getting for the hides.